Monday, September 15, 2014

An Edenborough in Edinburgh

Greyfriars Bobby statue
We went to Edinburgh this last weekend. It was so beautiful and breathtaking. I wasn't expecting it to be so hilly, but it gave my calves some great workouts. We left Friday and rode the train. It was a 5 or 6 hour journey. Saturday we got up and around. We found a parade. Scotland is fixing to vote on whether it wants to stay a part of the UK or be its own country. The parade was full of people wanting to stay.
Parade we stumbled upon

There was a lot of good stores and I bought me some good things. We just took in the city. Sunday we went to The Elephant House for breakfast. That is a cafe J. K. Rowling were worked on Harry Potter. It was good food.
The Elephant House
We heard that Camera Obscura and World of Illusions was good. It was five stories with a roof top view. It was worth the money. We walked around. We had a delicious late lunch. We shopped a little more. We were sad when we had to get on the train to head home. On the way to Edinburgh it was dark when we rode by the ocean, but on the way home we got to see the view.
View from train

View from train
 I was asked by a teacher to buy a Scottish newspaper. I failed and ended up bringing her an Irish newspaper, but it did have an article about Scotland. She laughed and said it was ok. I felt so bad. We are working on planning our next adventure. Student teaching is going well so far. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment